Years 9 and 10
22nd – 26th June 2015
Now in its 10th year the Adventure Camp is an integral part of the Scots School Outdoor Education Program. Year 9 and 10 students travel to the Snowy Mountains to take part in an alpine adventure camp during term 2. The camp is located at the Bungarra Alpine Centre, Jindabyne and Thredbo Ski resort. The program is run through an organisation called “Action Learning Initiatives” (ALI) who specialise in quality school programs.
- 4 nights accommodation
- Full catering (incl. hot lunches on resort)
- 3 day lift passes for all operating lifts at Thredbo
- 3 x 2 hour ski/snowboard lessons
- Full day mountain bike session (Year 9)
- Full day Cross Country Ski session (Year 10)
- GPS navigation (Year 10)
- Snow shoe/craft (Year 9)
- Fully qualified instructors to assist on snow
The Adventure Camp forms an integral part of the outdoor education program with important implications in the areas of skills acquisition, co-operative learning, personal development, interpersonal relationships and in the fulfilment of syllabus requirements (especially in Geography, Civics and PD/H/PE).